Sunday, May 8, 2011

199 - My Evil Number - I took 2 days off!

Since I have been working so hard with my weight loss, I decided it was time to reward myself.  Keeping my healthy eating habits in mind, I decided to NOT track my calories for two days.  I have to say it was VERY hard letting it go for 2 days, but it was well worth it, and I enjoyed myself.  

While walking around in Helen with my roommates and a sister, I enjoyed a roast beef sandwich, with a small serving of coleslaw for lunch I didn't want the chips that came with my meal, so I passed on them.  Had a great day relaxing with wonderful friends and enjoying the beautiful weather outdoors, shopping, and freeing my mind.  

For dinner, I had had the most AMAZING seafood dinner from Pappadeaux's, and found it incredibly hard to even come close to finishing my meal.  Leftovers are the BEST!  I tried alligator meat for the first time, and had the best shrimp etouffee  ever!

For breakfast this morning we all went to Golden Corral, must say it was wildly crowded!  I enjoyed a small serving of some of my favorite breakfast foods, and of course I had my fruit.  

The point in telling all of this, is that you can eat healthy, live healthier, and that it IS ok to enjoy yourself from time to time.  It was my reward to myself.  Now that the weekend is over, I will begin my strict routine of calorie tracking and eating as I have become accustomed.  I couldn't wait to get to the store tonight and buy my favorite fresh fruit, low sodium turkey, and my usual healthy foods.

I am enjoying life more than ever now, and I owe it to my dear friend Kristy, to my Mom, and to all of the people that supported and encouraged me for the past 7 1/2 weeks.  Thanks to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment