Sunday, May 1, 2011

Will they ever cure...??

Tonight I got into two very in depth conversations about the same topic.  Will they ever cure Cancer, HIV/AIDS, or even Alzheimer's?  My take on the situation is, most definitely not.  I mean really, why would they?  In a world built on greed, money, and power, why would the ones who control, or benefit from, the drug companies give a damn about the people that are suffering.  Instead of finding a cure, they continue finding new "miracle" treatments.  

I think over the last few decades, there has been enough money raised for various research projects.  They could find a cure if they wanted to.  But why lose out on all of that income?  If people are sick, they need your drugs.  If people are cured, they don't need you anymore.  

In a way it's like the gasoline, tobacco, and alcohol companies.  They know people "have to have" these products, so they continue to raise prices knowing the demand will still be there.  Why miss out on a guaranteed thing?

You can buy the medication and treatments, or you can die.  It makes no real difference to the ones in charge.  I can't believe that as "advanced" as we have become over the past 100 years, that we can't prevent or cure diseases.

Or maybe that's all just my opinion.  Regardless, nothing will change my mind.  They can blow all the smoke up our butts they want to about looking for a cure, I myself am not buying it.  

What do you think?  As always, I welcome your thoughts and opinions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment