Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Where can I buy some of you determination?? Somebody stole mine!!

That is a statement that was recently made to me.  After some consideration, I posted my reply:
My determination has always been there.  I just needed drive, an encouraging friend, and a little fear to get myself motivated.  Fear of getting back to the 225 lbs that I used to be. When I made it back up to 199, I called on an encouraging friend, and she helped guide me.  The drive came into play to live a healthier life and to be happier than i have been in a while.  Thank You Kristy! I am forever grateful!
We all have to have some driving, motivating factor in our life.  For some, it's the "beach body" and for others it's health related.   Regardless of your reason, do what you can, and do it to the best of your ability.  
“We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.” - Sonia Johnson
As I have mentioned time and time again, Kristy has been a HUGE influence and very encouraging during times of doubt.  She has always been there to answer any and all questions, listen to me complain and whine, then set me back on the path I need to be on.  She always has an answer to any question I go to her with.  I follow both of her blogs, if this is something you are interested in - a healthier, happier you - I encourage you to check them out as well.

 
As I mentioned, Fear was another motivating factor for me.  I was determined to not break the 200 pound mark again - ever, if I can help it.  People often find fear as a very valid reason to quit, give up, or even NOT begin in the first place.  Fear of failure is very understandable.  Which leads me to one of my favorite quotes about fear.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Dune
As anyone that reads my blogs or my updates knows, I have been changing my eating habits, exercising at least 3-5 times a week even if it was just walking the 2 miles around my neighborhood, or something as simple as walking up and down the stairs at my house for 10 -15 minutes.    This coupled with keeping track of my food intake, religiously, has helped me to accomplish a loss of 14 pounds since March 24th.   My latest "favorite" is getting together with my neighbor and doing one of the 2 Jillian Michaels dvd's I own:  "Yoga Meltdown" and "Ripped in 30." I generally do one or the other 5-6 times a week.  Today however, Kimberly and I pushed ourselves to do them both.  I am a little sore, but I have to say I feel great.  
Thank you for taking the time to read!  Comments, questions, and thoughts are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment